9-12 iPad Initiative
Your iPad is an important learning tool and is to be used for educational purposes only. In order to take your iPad home each day, you must be willing to accept the follow responsibilities:
When using the iPad at home, at school, and anywhere else I may take it, I will follow the policies of Continental Schools, especially the Student Code of Conduct and Acceptable Use Policy, and abide by all local, state, and federal laws,
- I will treat the iPad with care by not dropping it, getting it wet, leaving it outdoors, or using it with food or drink nearby, and I will keep my IPad in my school issued protective case at all times,
- I will not lend the iPad to anyone, not even my friends or siblings; it will stay in my possession at all times,
- I will not load any software onto the iPad,
- I will not use my iPad with personal email accounts. Ex: gmail,
- I will not remove programs or files from the iPad,
- I will not give personal information when using the iPad,
- I will bring the iPad to school everyday,
- I agree that email (or any other computer communication) should be used only for appropriate, legitimate, and responsible communication,
- I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure, and will not share these with any other students,
- I will not attempt to repair the iPad,
- I will return the iPad when requested and upon my withdrawal from Continental High School.
Your son/daughter has been issued an iPad to improve and personalize his/her education this year. It is essential that the following guidelines be followed to ensure the safe, efficient, and ethical operation of this computer:
- I will supervise my child's use of the iPad at home,
- I will discuss our family's values and expectations regarding the use of the Internet and email at home,
- I will supervise my child's use of the Internet and email,
- I will not attempt to repair the iPad, nor will I attempt clean it with anything other than a soft, dry cloth,
- I will report to the school any problems with the iPad I will not load or delete any software from the iPad,
- I will make sure my child recharges the iPad battery nightly,
- I will make sure my child brings the iPad to school every day,
- I understand that if my child comes to school without the iPad, I may be called to bring it to school,
- I agree to make sure that the iPad is returned to school when requested and upon my child's withdrawal from Continental High School.
Only use a clean, soft cloth to clean the screen, no cleansers of any type – no window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasive material
- Cords and cables must be inserted carefully into the iPad to prevent damage.
- Students are responsible for keeping their iPad’s battery charged for school each day.
- Waiting to charge the iPad until the charge is low (20% life or red indicator light) extends the battery life.
- The iPad screens can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment.
- Do not lean on the top of the iPad when it is closed.
- Do not place anything near the iPad that could put pressure on the screen.
- Avoid using any sharp object(s) on the iPad.
- Do not place anything in the carrying case that will press against the cover.
- Do not “bump” the iPad against lockers, walls, car doors, floors
- Careful placement in your backpack is important.
- Never throw a book bag that contains an iPad. Never place an iPad in a book bag that contains food, liquids, heavy, or sharp objects.
- iPads must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, or labels that are not the property of the school
- iPads should always be within the protective case.
- Each case and iPad is identifiable. Do not remove any school ID tags or labels.
- iPads must never be left in an unlocked locker, unlocked car or any unsupervised area
- iPads must NOT be removed from its protective case.
- When not in your personal possession, the iPad should be in a secure, locked environment.
- Unattended iPads will be collected and stored in the school’s office.
- Each iPad has the ability to be remotely located. Modifying, disabling or attempting to disable the locator is a violation of the acceptable use policy and grounds for disciplinary action.
- Each iPad has a unique identification number and at no time should the numbers or labels be modified or removed.
- Do not lend your iPad to another person. Each iPad is assigned to an individual and the responsibility for the care of the iPad solely rests with that individual.
- Never expose an iPad to long-term temperature extremes or direct sunlight. An automobile is not a good place to store an iPad.